H-Area
Welcome in H-Area.tk.If you are already a member press log in...If you are a visitor the press sign up to join our community..Anyway have fun...!!!...
H-Area
Welcome in H-Area.tk.If you are already a member press log in...If you are a visitor the press sign up to join our community..Anyway have fun...!!!...
H-Area
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learn the hacks you always wanted to learn and downlaod all the programs you need

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest News and Posts:Post your ideas to improve our community.
Latest member:socomguy1

PSP-3000 A complete guide to enable CFW

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JacobVengeance
Admin
JacobVengeance

PSP-3000 A complete guide to enable CFW Empty
PostSubject: PSP-3000 A complete guide to enable CFW   PSP-3000 A complete guide to enable CFW EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Update 06-10-09 - Further explanation of Number 10 step 3 since a lot are asking about it.
Update 07-16-09 - Further Explanation of Number 3 inside Launch ME.exe for the Drive Letter
Update 07-18-09 - Added An Installation for Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60 and also a transfer guide from Gen-A to CFWE 3.60.

Hi Guys, just want to lend a hand for my fellow PSP-3000 owners. :

I Have a PSP 3001 Silver ( Ratchet and Clank Edition ) and I currently have 5.03 MHU Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60.

This is a guide for PSP 3000 Owners in Installing Custom Firmware in their PSP so that
they can play PSX Games, Emulators, PSP Backups, etc. (ISO's/CSO's).

This Guide Includes ( Don't worry, all of these topics will be discussed later ):
1. Installing Official Firmware 5.03
2. Installing Custom Firmware 5.03 ( 5.03 Gen-A or 5.03 MHU CFWE 3.60)
3. Transferring From 5.03 Gen-A to 5.03 MHU CFWE 3.60

First, for those who really don't know anything about Firmwares: 🤓

OFW/CFW - Official Firmware/Custom Firmware . Custom Firmware is what you want.
An Official Firmware is the version that came along when you bought your PSP.
You can tell by going to your Settings>System Settings>System Information
Then look at the System Software.

Examples of Official Firmware Versions are
5.03 < This is what you need First installed on your PSP.

Notice that it only contains the version number while the Custom firmware looks like this
5.03 chickHen R2
5.03 GEN-A (Full)
5.03 MHU

Now First step, you need to get your PSP to OFW 5.03 .. you can get it here http://pspslimhacks.com/index.php?dl_id=235

NOTE: This guide will not work on Versions that are HIGHER than 5.03.. not yet.. only OFW 5.03 and below..

Extract the RAR . there should be a file named "Eboot.pbp".
Format the Memory Stick First via your PSP.. Settings>System Settings> Format Memory Stick.
Connect the USB Connection and then Create a New Folder named UPDATE
and place it in your psp and it should look like this>> PSP\GAME\UPDATE...
My Psp Drive in my My Computer is F: so It should be like this F:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE

Place the Eboot.pbp in the UPDATE.
Close the USB Connection.
Run the update using your PSP. it will reboot.
It takes a while, i know..
That should upgrade your
PSP to 5.03 OFW.
Note: your battery should be at least 78% i think in order to continue.

Wait for it.. and your System Software should be 5.03 after rebooting.

Second step - chickHEN R2

Now, assuming you have OFW 5.03 in your PSP, We now move on to installing the CFW chickHEN R2 by Davee and Team Typhoon..
Now there is an easier way to install chickHEN. don't know if pspslimhacks have this.. didn't see it. but you can get it here http://downloads.exophase.com/pub/509

EZ503HenSLIMversion - This works for PSP 3000 don't worry.

Now make sure your psp is connected via USB Connection.
Extract this to a folder. Then run the application. then press Install.
Disconnect your PSP.

NOW TO MAKE SURE YOU RUN chickHEN you have to do this ( cuz it increases the chances of being successful and not ending up freezing and retrying again and again )

Under Settings>System Settings, press Restore Default Settings, yes, yes..
Under Settings>System Settings, Turn Off the UMD Auto Start and the UMD Cache.
Now do this....

When you're at the Pictures > Memory Stick, repeatedly press (X) like 5 times before it goes in .. (that is if (X) is the enter button.. if not then (O) ) you have to do this fast.
Then after entering, there should be a folder named chickHen go inside it and don't do anything ... your screen should glitch and turn green and your PSP should reboot by itself.
If it freezes.. Do it all over again.. Here's a Tip: Remove the memory stick, turn on and off a couple of times, then insert the mem stick again and make an attempt in the pictures again.

If you check your System Software again, it should say 5.03 chickHEN R2

Now, to further educate you (For the newbies)
There are Currently 2 Reliable Custom Firmwares Available for the PSP 3000 Series that supports ISO/CSO Under 5.03 OFW << ( Included this since i think there's an available CFW for OFW 5.51... haven't tested it though so CFW for 5.51 is not in the scope of this guide )

1. Custom Firmware Gen-A - by GENyus
2. Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60 - by Xenogears and Becus25

I personally transferred from Gen-A to CFWE 3.60 since the latter has always been updating and that it also supports plugins. ( Don't know with Gen-A Though ). If you have Gen-A i have instructions later on how to transfer to CFWE 3.60.. Majority of the PSP Community thinks that CFWE 3.60 is better than Gen-A. Although Both is Perfectly working. It's your choice whether you want Gen-a Or CFWE..

Assuming you Have your PSP to 5.03 chickHEN R2 you may now choose what Custom firmware you would like to install on your PSP..

If You Choose to Install Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60: Just follow the instructions Inside the ********
If You Choose to Install Custom Firmware 5.03 Gen-A: Just follow the instructions Inside the *********

Just To Make It Clear
You only need one type of Custom Firmware.. if you chose CFWE 3.60, you do not have to install GEN-A anymore.. If you chose GEN-A. Don't install CFWE 3.60 anymore.. you get my point... oh, and newbies, CFWE is the same for Custom Firmware Enabler.. just to make it clear alright? :

Start

Installing Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60

Assuming you have installed chickHen R2 on your PSP and your system software is now under 5.03 chickHEN R2, We now move on to installing Custom Firmware Enabler 3.60 (chickHEN R2 works for CFWE..it says so under the CFWE 3.30 Tutorial)

You can get CFWE 3.60 Here > http://pspslimhacks.com/?dl_id=286

Extract The CFWEnabler360.zip

Once you've extracted the zip, inside the CFWEnabler360 folder you will find a folder named PSP..

Open the PSP Folder. You will see a GAME Folder.. Right Click the GAME Folder and Select Copy

Go now to the drive of your memory stick... by the way, the term "ms0:" stands for your driver letter of your memory stick. ms0:\PSP\GAME\
My Psp Drive in my My Computer is F: so It should be like this F:\PSP\GAME\

Replace the GAME Folder of your PSP with the GAME Folder you copied from the CFWEnabler360 folder, if prompted to replace files, choose YES (Assuming you formatted your memory stick) ( From First Step )

Disconnect your PSP from USB Connection and run the CFWEnabler 3.60 via your PSP ( under Games )

The program will then show you if you have a custom firmware installed prior to the installation.

Important:
If the Firmware version shows up as other version, choose Uninstall. confirm..

After doing so, or if you didn't have any other firmware version that needed the uninstallation, just press Flash and Start

DON'T WORRY, I Know some of you are scared right now "Flash??oh man.. i'm scared i might brick or damage my PSP"

Just Check List:
- You are Under OFW 5.03 then installed chickHEN R2.
- You are Under chickHEN R2
- You Chose the Uninstall option if your firmware version said "Other Version" in the CFWE 3.60.

If you did everything above, then you have nothing to worry about.. press Flash and Start. (I got scared, too... don't worry though, it'll work lol)

CONGRATULATIONS.. your PSP will now reboot to 5.03 MHU

To play ISO/CSO's
Create a folder named ISO in the root of your memory stick. ( e.g. F:\ISO\ ) and put your iso games in there. )
After that, go to the XMB menu. ( XMB is the menu of your PSP- Settings,Pictures,Music,Video,Game,etc ) and then
Press Select then switch the UMD ISO Mode to M33 Driver( If it's set already then you don't have to change anything anymore ) and then press exit.. Now you can play ISO, PSx games :

This also served as the guide for transferring Gen-A to CFWE 3.60. Just do the steps and uninstall.. (There's an Uninstall Button in CFWE.. I know, it's cool) Razz

NOTE : Do not turn off your PSP or else it will return back to OFW 5.03.. nonetheless, in the event that your psp did restart (either by hang or you just turned it off), just do the Second Step - chickHEN R2 again and this time just press CFWEnabler in your PSP (Assuming you are under 5.03 chickHEN R2) and it will automatically reboot into 5.03 MHU.. you don't need to copy anything anymore.. (files, the GAME Folder, etc.. no more copying)

Installing Custom Firmware 5.03 Gen-A

Now that you have CFW 5.03 chickHen R2, Connect the USB Connection again in your PSP.
We now need to install CFW 5.03 Gen-A (Full) in order for your PSP to read PSX eboots, ISO's and more.

You can get the CFW 5.03 Gen-A here .... http://pspslimhacks.com/index.php?dl_id=260

There's a readme included made by the developers ..well.. what the heck.. here it is..

Rules:

01. Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.
02. Unzip 5.03GEN-A_for_HEN.zip on your desktop by example
03. double-click on LAUNCH-ME.exe (GUI)

The readme didn't include this.. > Make sure you indicate the correct drive.drive meaning the drive letter... example my ms0: is drive F: like F:\PSP\GAME\.. etc. so indicate F in the Drive Letter.. a lot of people had trouble with this so i put this in.. continue to 04..

04.PSP Model : choose options PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 (depends on your PSP )
05.Mode : Choose option FULL
06.PSP Install : Choose option YES
07. push START.
08.The files are copied on your PSP. You can now exit.
09. Disconnect the PSP from USB.
10. Launch the main EBOOT.PBP using ChickHEN R2 (only R2! NOT R1!).

Launch the main EBOOT.PBP means go to your PSP and go to Games>Memory Stick then
run the "Installer Loader" application.

11. When the app load, press (L) or (R) to flash the firmware in your flash. YOU ONLY NEED MAKE IT ONE TIME!
12. Press (O) to reboot in the custom firmware.

From my experience, Launch me.exe doesn't work on windows XP.. it works with vista..
:-[

NOTE It said in number 11 > YOU ONLY NEED MAKE IT ONE TIME! it means that if ever you need to install the CFW again u don't need to press (L) or (R) anymore just (O) to reboot the firmware..

Voila.... you have your very own CFW enabled PSP.
To play ISO/CSO's
Create a folder named ISO in the root of your memory stick. ( e.g. F:\ISO\ ) and put your iso games in there. )
After that, go to the XMB menu. ( XMB is the menu of your PSP- Settings,Pictures,Music,Video,Game,etc ) and then
Press Select then switch the UMD ISO Mode to M33 Driver and exit.. Now you can play ISO, PSx games :

NOTE : If you do not want to repeat the process from Step 2- chickHEN R2 to Gen-A i suggest that you make it a habit turning your PSP to sleep mode ONLY.
Don't turn it off or else the firmware will go back to its OFW 5.03.. then you have to do Step 2 - chickHEN R2 all over again and then Run Gen-A Installer Loader again..
Back to top Go down

PSP-3000 A complete guide to enable CFW
Page 1 of 1